INSTALOAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE SUPPLY OF SERVICES (“TS AND CS”)
Information about us
Cash Credit SA (Pty) Ltd (“InstaLoan”, “we” or “us”) (registration number 2014/217130/07) is a registered credit provider (NCRCP7380) under the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 (“NCA”), with registered address at 1st Floor, Island House, Constantia Office Park, Weltevreden, 1709 Johannesburg, South Africa and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing our call center on 087 743 2000
Purpose of these T's and C's
We are committed to the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information which we process and administer. The purpose of these Ts and Cs is to regulate:
- the way we collect, process, use, store and dispose of your personal information as per your instructions and in terms of applicable laws;
- the giving of consent for:
- sharing and collection of your personal information from 3rd parties; and
- the processing of your personal information for future loan applications and product marketing.
By accepting these Ts and Cs by selecting ‘Accept’ in the application in the Mobile Money menu or by checking the Ts and Cs checkbox at the application stage at www.instaloan.co.za , you expressly give voluntary, specific and informed consent to the use, retention and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described below.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information but, if you do, we may not be able to proceed with your loan application/s as certain information is required for the conclusion of a loan contract and we may be obliged by law to obtain such information.
You provide your explicit consent and agree that Cash Credit South Africa will be allowed to have access to and receive your personal information collected and processed by MTN, TYME/ Mobile Money, South African Bank of Athens (SABA) and any credit bureaus in the Republic of South Africa.
You expressly instruct us to request on your behalf that MTN, TYME/Mobile Money, South African Bank of Athens and any credit bureaus in the Republic of South Africa provide to us personal information regarding your usage of telecommunication services, banking service and credit bureau information.
Personal information is information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, identity number, location information, your assets and liabilities and your income and payment records.
Security and Confidentiality
We respect the value of your personal information and take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you directly through your loan application and from outside sources, such as credit bureaus, mobile network operators, external debt collectors and customer service providers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for various purposes, including to -
- identify you;
- process your loan application;
- assess whether to provide a loan to you;
- enable the collection process by means of external debt collection companies;
- process payments;
- facilitate cession arrangements;
- assess future loan applications;
- assist us with future scoring;
- carry out, monitor and analyse our business and improve our loans and services;
- update your records;
- administer our website;
- identify which of our loans, or our business partners' products, might be of interest you;
- detect and prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activities;
- carry out regulatory checks;
- keep you informed about matters relating to your loan;
- conduct market research or statistical analysis;
- contact you by post, phone, email, SMS or any other electronic means or in any other way about our and service offerings (unless you inform us that you would prefer not to receive such offers by following the “unsubscribe” procedure set out below); and
- comply with any relevant laws, including the NCA.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties, except as otherwise provided for in these Ts and Cs and under these limited circumstances:
- In order to enable us to make decisions about loans, including whether to make a loan to you and to comply with relevant laws, including the NCA, we may share your personal information with credit bureaus, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and customer service providers.
- In order to enable us to collect the money you owe us, we may share your personal information to a debt collection agency or appointed attorney.
- In order to provide you with information or to respond to your queries, your personal information may occasionally be transferred or shared with third parties who provide services to us including, but not limited to MTN and TYME/Mobile Money.
- We may disclose your personal information to other organizations or businesses who may wish to use the data for research or statistical analysis.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement; for the administration of justice; to interact with anti-fraud databases; to protect your or our legitimate interests; to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our website and to take precautions against legal liability.
- We may share your personal information with other organizations or companies whose activities, products and/or services may be of interest to you. (Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that information and to comply with applicable laws.)
- In the event of a merger/acquisition or reorganization in respect of InstaLoan, your personal information may be part of the transferred assets and is likely to be disclosed to the new organization.
- If you arrange insurance through us, we may transfer your personal information to the relevant insurer.
Right to Request Access to your Personal Information
You are entitled to request access to your personal information and to request that inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated, misleading or unlawfully obtained information be corrected or deleted.
Direct Marketing from us and Third Parties and Unsubscribe
You agree and consent that we may contact you about our products and services by telephone, post, email and SMS (or any other reasonable method).
If you no longer wish to receive such communications from us and want to be removed from our mailing list, please e-mail us at email@example.com with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading or send SMS for opt-out at 30106.
If you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing lists or SMS opt-out, we will hold your contact details on file marked or flagged “do not contact” so that we do not contact you again. This is so that we do not contact you if your details are subsequently provided to us by a third party.
How long we keep your Personal Information
We may keep your personal information for 2 years after your last contract with us or longer if it is required by the law, or if we can reasonably justify that it needs to be retained in order to meet legal/regulatory requirements.
You agree to:
- ensure that any information you provide to us is complete and accurate and to inform us as soon as such information changes;
- co-operate with us in all matters relating to your loan application and loan contract; and
- obtain written permission from your spouse, if married in community of property, before entering into a loan contract with us.
If you are unhappy about the way in which we have used your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to resolve your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, once established.